From my Reports i counted over 9 Militant group who recently emerged and have vowed to cripple the Nigeria economy, worst of all is that this militant have learnt the secrecy lessons form Boko Haram and have choosen to remain faceless to everyone making it more difficult for the Nigerian Government to crush because you can only fight what you see and who you know, not a ghost or a shadow. READ: BREAKING: NEW LIST, 9 MILITANT GROUPS THAT MIGHT BRING DOOM TO NIGERIA
Today i am updating the list after getting more reports over the internet about two new Militant groups, i am really surprise of the rate at which more Militant groups spin up here and there, but they cannot be overlooked because most of them announced their presence with heavy bombing of oil installation that cost Nigeria Millions of Dollars
After reading this list, kindly tell me what you think is the best solution to Militancy in Nigeria because they are actually crippling the Nigerian Economy
- Niger Delta Avengers (NDA) : this are the most prominent of them all in recent time and have to their names one of the greatest tactical under water oil installation attack and the highest number of militant activities in the Delta.
- Concerned Militant Leaders (CML): this is another group who have threatened to bomb more flow stations in the delta, even as they lambasted the governors of their zones for cowardly allowing the federal government’s indirect war against their domains without resistance.
- Restoration Force (RF): This is another group who centers more on freedom fighting and defending the old eastern region than just fighting for oil revenue allocation.
- Red Egbesu Water Lions (REWL): This group emerged from the creeks of Bayelsa. they announced their arrival by finding an Agip oil facility located in Sagbama Local Government Area and blew up a gas pipeline. They destroyed the Ayama section of the Ogboinbiri-Tuomo gas pipeline with dynamites at about 9.00 pm on Tuesday. That line was earlier repaired, last week and again vandalized.
- Isoko Liberation Movement: wrote a letter saying Peaceful Disintegration or War. the group said it is in solidarity with the Egbesu Fraternity militants, the Niger Delta Avengers and other militants of the Niger Delta. Although it expressed solidarity with the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), it warned them against reliance on a peaceful route to freedom
- Delta Suicide Squad (NDSS): Unlike the NDA which concentrates its attacks on pipelines and facilities of major oil firms, the new group has threatened to destroy the equipment of private oil firms’ installations in the region. they warned owners of tank farms, storage tanks and private jetties to quit the Niger Delta within seven days.
It said failure to comply with the deadline, the owners of such facilities stood the risk of losing their investments.
- Ultimate Warriors of Niger Delta, (UWND): This group demanded that 60% of oil blocs be owned by the Niger Delta region and the immediate commencement of academic at Federal Maritime University.
- Niger Delta Red Squad: who announced their presence by blowing up of two pipelines belonging to Shell in the Asa/Awarra axis of Ohaji Egbema Council Area
- Ekpeye Liberation Group (ELG): this militant group, which consists of ex-militants and freedom agitators claimed responsibility for explosion at NAOC’s well 5 in Akara Olu community in Ahoada West Local Government Area of Rivers State
- Niger Delta Red Squad: This group operating from the Ohaji Egbema axis of Imo State has threatened to destroy all government assets in the state built with ‘oil money’ from their community
- Revolutional Alliance: This group has threatened to wreck more havoc to Oil installations, go after Southern Politicians and Niger-Delta Oil Block owners,if their conditions are not met.